Visto en http://mayamade.blogspot.com/2012/02/happy-hourdoily-coaster.html
The linen is an especially nice thick weave from a pair of trousers and the bottom layer is red wool suiting*.
- 4" paper doily
- scotch tape
- textile paint
- foam brush
- 5"x5" square of linen
- " " wool
- " " batting
- pinking shears
- freezer paper
- Sandwich batting between wool and linen. Sew around the entire perimeter using the edge of the foot as a guide for seam allowance. Trim off excess with pinking shears.
- Tape doily to center of the linen side. Cut out a circle from freezer paper slightly larger than the edge of the doily. Center it around the doily evenly and iron in place.
- Apply paint with a gentle touch. Allow to dry.
- Peel off freezer paper and then work on the doily. It may have pieces that stick and uneven bits of paint. Use a toothpick to help take off tiny pieces of paper and to add extra dabs of paint where needed.
- It will not be perfect... which we all know makes it just right. Place a cloth over the paint and heat set it with a hot iron.
- Pour your hot mug of cheer and set it on your coaster.