lunes, 12 de marzo de 2012

Edredón Arcoiris

I found some great fat quarters at Craft Warehouse (most, but not all, were Moda fabric) that matched the colors Ellie wanted and I started ruffling.  I ruffled and ruffled and ruffled.  I used two white twin sheets I had in the linen closet and made my own duvet (I filled it with a light weight comforter from Target).
I think the finished product turned out a lot like our vision and really represents Ellie’s uniqueness.  I just love it!



Visto en http://www.mybeautifulmessblog.com/2012/03/06/appliqued-rainbow-ruffle-duvet/
Basado en un diseño de http://kikicreates.blogspot.com/2011/01/duveta-quick-tutorial-and-little-q.html




The ruffles were made of pink, green, yellow and turquoise fabric.  I’ll show the ruffling technique later this week.  It was a rather simple process, but time consuming with so many ruffles.  The pillow and top of the duvet are embellished with appliques using the fabric remnants.


I ironed heat transfer paper onto the back of the fabric remnants and cut out the hearts and letters using my Silhouette.  I placed them to look like a fluttery heart pennant garland. Ellie loves hearts.  And garlands.

After ironing the shapes on, I sewed them all on with my machine.

Then I sewed a straight stitch with brown thread for the pennant string.

I also added an E and some hearts to a pillow sham I found buried in the linen closet.  Now I have matching bedding!  The yellow and gray pillowcase is from the sheet set Ellie chose at Target.  The set came in a matching fabric bag, which I cut up and made into a ruffle on her duvet.  Now the sheets match the homemade duvet!  Score!

What do you think of Ellie’s new custom bedding?  I think I’m going to make curtains to match.  Maybe white ones with the heart garland across the top and a few ruffles lining the bottom.  Or maybe something less matchy-matchy.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario